Go To Search
Click to Home
Municipal Court
Information Regarding Your Citation
  • Please allow 10 days from the violation date before contacting the court. Your signature on the citation which you received is not a plea of guilty.
  • All convictions for moving violations are reported to Texas Department of Public Safety Records Division.
  • If making a court appearance, bring the copy of the ticket with you.
  • Payment of fines (except for juveniles*) is accepted by mail, internet, or in person. Please read more about court payments options.
  • Unless you appear in court or make payment on or before your arraignment day, an additional charge may be filed against you and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
  • You have the right to appear in court and contest the charge filed against you, and you have the right to a trial by either a judge or a jury.
  • You may also be denied renewal of your Texas driver's License.

*Note: if the violator is 16 years of age or under, they must appear in court and be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.

Payment Options
The court accepts cash, checks, money orders and credit cards (MasterCard and Visa). Credit cards holders need to be present. No payments will be taken over the telephone.
Checks and money orders should be made payable to City of Tomball. Personal checks are not accepted for payment of warrants. Company checks and temporary are not accepted.

You can make an online payment for current citations only through our online payment option at Municipal Online Services.

Requests for a continuance must be made in person, or by an attorney, on or before the Arraignment date. You must fill out and sign a reset form at the clerk’s office before a continuance will be granted. Only one reset will be granted; no resets will be made by telephone.

Resets or continuances for trial by judge or jury need to be filed with the court clerk at least ten days prior to the trial date.

The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over juveniles (under age 17) charged with most class C misdemeanors, including traffic offenses. All juveniles are required to appear in court with a parent or guardian in order to enter a plea on the charges. Juveniles may not pay fines prior to appearing before the court.

Persons under the age of 18 years charged with an offense arising under the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code must be appear in court with a parent or guardian

Tomball Municipal Court
401 Market St.
Tomball, TX 77375


Monday - Thursday
7:45 am - 5:00 pm

7:45 am - 4:00 pm